11 years ago Travis and I tied the knot. We went for the classy wedding and went to Vegas ( hahahaha!). And to make it an even classier event I should mention that I was 5 months pregnant! Well, no one said I was one to stick to tradition. That whole saying " First comes love, then come marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage" didn't ring entirely true for us, but Travis and I were never really the type of people that pay much attention to what is classy or traditional. In fact, we're thinking of renewing our vows in Vegas dressed in afro wigs and having an Elvis impersonator do the ceremony. That's more our style!
I should mention that Travis is my soulmate. He feels the same way. It's strange how two people can almost feel as though they are one in the same person, yet also be their own independant selves. But that's how we are.
Travis is a good husband. I always knew that him asking me to marry him was just a stroke of glorious luck for me. He probably could have had his choice of lots of other girls, but I guess something in me won him over ( it definitely wasn't my money!). Sure we've had our ups and downs, but every marriage has those. What counts is that the good parts always outweigh the bad parts. Can he be annoying sometimes? yes. Can he be forgetful sometimes? yes. Can he make me want to bang my head on the walls sometimes? yes. But in the long run none of that compares to all of the great things he's done for me. There's so many things he's done for me to make me feel loved that I couldn't possibly list them all. But for the sake of this little Anniversary homage to Travis I will highlight a few things that make him special:
** He proposed to me in front of hundreds of people at Universal Studios and had the forethought to make sure we had the video camera with us so we got it all on video!
** With both kids he got teary eyed at the ultrasound when he found out he was having a son, then a daughter and then gave me the biggest kisses as though I was the one with all the control over it.
** After I gave birth to Ethan I was so sore that I couldn't get around much the first few days. He graciously went to the drugstore and bought me a few new-mother necessities: Kotex and prune juice. And not once did he complain about having to walk down the feminine hygiene aisle!
** When he found out I was pregnant with Ethan he immediately traded in his big, masculine red Chevy truck and brought me home a nice comfy family sedan.
** He spends time instead of money on greeting cards by making me homemade ones. They're always so sweet!
** He loves his kids; I couldn't have asked for more in a husband.
** He pretty much spoils me.
** He sends me little emails from work saying that he loves me.
~~~~Ok, I should stop now. I'm sure he's reading this and probably wondering if he has to write something like this about me. And no, Travis, you don't!
Happy Anniversary my dear Travis. Thanks for picking me!
I should mention that Travis is my soulmate. He feels the same way. It's strange how two people can almost feel as though they are one in the same person, yet also be their own independant selves. But that's how we are.
Travis is a good husband. I always knew that him asking me to marry him was just a stroke of glorious luck for me. He probably could have had his choice of lots of other girls, but I guess something in me won him over ( it definitely wasn't my money!). Sure we've had our ups and downs, but every marriage has those. What counts is that the good parts always outweigh the bad parts. Can he be annoying sometimes? yes. Can he be forgetful sometimes? yes. Can he make me want to bang my head on the walls sometimes? yes. But in the long run none of that compares to all of the great things he's done for me. There's so many things he's done for me to make me feel loved that I couldn't possibly list them all. But for the sake of this little Anniversary homage to Travis I will highlight a few things that make him special:
** He proposed to me in front of hundreds of people at Universal Studios and had the forethought to make sure we had the video camera with us so we got it all on video!
** With both kids he got teary eyed at the ultrasound when he found out he was having a son, then a daughter and then gave me the biggest kisses as though I was the one with all the control over it.
** After I gave birth to Ethan I was so sore that I couldn't get around much the first few days. He graciously went to the drugstore and bought me a few new-mother necessities: Kotex and prune juice. And not once did he complain about having to walk down the feminine hygiene aisle!
** When he found out I was pregnant with Ethan he immediately traded in his big, masculine red Chevy truck and brought me home a nice comfy family sedan.
** He spends time instead of money on greeting cards by making me homemade ones. They're always so sweet!
** He loves his kids; I couldn't have asked for more in a husband.
** He pretty much spoils me.
** He sends me little emails from work saying that he loves me.
~~~~Ok, I should stop now. I'm sure he's reading this and probably wondering if he has to write something like this about me. And no, Travis, you don't!
Happy Anniversary my dear Travis. Thanks for picking me!
No comments:
Post a Comment