Monday, August 18, 2008

I can't believe Ethan is in 5th grade!



As if I didn't have a hard enough time dealing with Ethan being in 4th grade, I now have to come to grips that he's now in 5th grade. 5th grade means that he goes through the D.A.R.E. program which is a big drug intervention program that all 5th graders have to go through. Is my son really old enough to go through drug intervention!?!?!? Oh my goodness, I never thought I'd see this day. Ethan is still my baby boy, so this whole 5th grade thing is a pill that is very difficult to swallow. But at least when I asked him if he'd get a girlfriend this year he told me he didn't want one because he didn't have time. Thank goodness!

He came home today and told me that he tested in the "Advanced" group for Math, but that doesn't surprise me one bit. He's also starting to wean himself off of handball and has taken up basketball during recess. This is great news for me since handball was taking such a toll on his shoes that I was having to buy him new shoes every other month. And speaking of recess, he's coming home from school pretty stinky, so I think I may have to bit the bullet and start having him wear deoderant. Darn it, this whole growing-up thing is just way too much for me right now. Between him going into 5th grade and Faith potty training, I think I just may be heading into a parental mid-life crisis!

No comments: