Friday, April 4, 2008

It's Mom's Mess!


I was on the computer surfing the net, and Faith walks up to me and throws a hanfull of Q-Tips at my feet and says, " My ears, Mommy" and then begins to stick one in her ear. I say, " No No, let Mommy do that." and she says, "Me do it!". Of course I can't let her clean out her own ears, so I try to take it away from her which leads into a little tantrum. So I tell her to clean up her mess and she starts to walk away saying , " No, you do it." and then I start to feel the teenager in her start to surface, so I have to nip this in the bud and tell her that she has to clean it up because she's the one who made the mess. Her response? " It's Mom's mess!" and then struts away to her room.

As I type this they're still laying on the floor, and she's in her room playing. I think she's figured out I'm not in the mood to argue with her tonight over some cotton swabs. How does someone so young figure out how to work an adult like she does? It must be genetics because I recall how I used to work my Grandpa like that when I was little. Like Mother like Daughter I guess. I think it's the big brown eyes that win me over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, who could resist those beautiful brown eyes. She's so precious. Too cute about it being mom's mess. LOL.