After a million years ( well, not that many, but it feels like it) of trying to get Faith to poop in the potty she finally did it! She did it last night and we are so proud!! It was one of those weird parenting moments that you have when you stop and realize that your life no longer belongs to you, that every move you make is being dictated by some 3 year old puppet master.
I was sitting on the bathroom floor with a pile of childrens' books next to me. One after another I read them to my captive audience * that would be Faith*. I did all the fun voices for the book characters, I tried to find different ways to turn pages to keep her attention, I even read those really wordy books to her that normally I try to hide from her * I hate ready wordy childrens' books*. Either my storytime session was really bad, or really good, but what happened in that bathroom was a miracle I tell ya'! And after it happened there was one happy Mom and one happy Big Brother dancing around the bathroom and singing " Faith went poop in the potteeeee!" and we danced and gave her hi-5's, we really put on quite the circus for her.
I took her to the toy store today because I told her she'd get a new toy if she pooped on the potty. After 45 minutes of browsing and testing out the toys she decided to get a pair of Barbie Roller Skates. What fun! And very smart, too. Skates don't make noises, no flashing lights and require no batteries! Good choice, Faith!
Cross your fingers that this isn't an isolated incident. We're hoping that the days of dirty panties and diapers are now a thing of the past. And honestly, I'm tired of writing about poop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment