Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wii will kick your butt!

Not only will the Wii kick your butt, but a certain 10 year old boy named Ethan will double-kick it for you!
Ethan is a pro, and for someone so young this kid can kick major butt in Wii ( well, he can kick major butt in just about every video game out there, not to mention a super-rad card game called UNO). Every stinkin' time I play him on the Wii he beats me, I'm literally trailing him by so many points I am inhaling the fumes from his exhaust ( and you don't want me to go into detail about the exhaust fumes coming from a 10 year old boy!).
When I play Wii I wake up the next morning with aches and pains, and I wake up wondering if maybe Travis slapped me around too much in his sleep, but then I remember that "yes, I went bowling on the Wii...that's why I feel like crap".
I went 'bowling' a few weeks ago and ended up with a most impressive score of 262. I tell Ethan about it, he smiles, and tells me how 264 is his high game. Whatever, Ethan..way to rain on my parade!
I think even Faith is better than me at playing baseball on the Wii. Travis and Ethan have taught her how to throw a screwball. Just fine and dandy, but how come they can teach her to throw a screwball but they can't teach her to poop on the potty?!?! Well, that's a story for a different day, but you get what I mean.
The funniest thing to watch is Travis and Ethan having "sudden death" matches. They play tennis like they're at Wimbledon, they play baseball like it's the Sox and the Yankees going for the World Series. They hoot & holler, they scream at the top of their lungs and they can talk some major smack to each other. It's the funniest thing ever. Ethan's been known to even shed a few tears ( he's always been a poor loser). They get very serious about this "sudden death", they banish Faith and I to another room or sequester us to sit on a couch and keep still. Have you ever walked in front of someone that is flailing their arms playing make-believe tennis? well, you don't want to. It doesn't feel good.
Wii is the best, it's given us something that all 4 of us can do together. It's even fun to play after ingesting some cold beer, well, I'd say it's even MORE fun to play after having a few beers.
Wii will kick my butt again, and again, but that's ok because I've never had so much fun getting my butt kicked!

No comments: