
There isn't anything Faith loves more in this world than her Baby. Baby has been with her since she was around 4 months old and hasn't left her side since. Faith couldn't possibly fall asleep without her. For almost 2 years she took Baby everywhere with her, it was really cute seeing her have such a close attachment to it. It calms her when she's upset, and it makes her feel at home when we are far away from the familiarity of our house. If she can't find Baby she'll search high and low for her. There have been a few times when we thought we lost Baby, and that's when I would panic! Faith won't sleep without it, so we HAVE to find it! Now that Faith is getting older, Baby doesn't get as much attention anymore. Faith still sleeps with her, I'm sure that will always be a nighttime necessity. But Faith doesn't carry her around 24/7 like she used to. She'll bring her downstairs in the morning, toss her on a couch, and then never touch her again until it's time to fall asleep. I think Faith is outgrowing her, but she still likes to know that when she needs comfort that Baby will be there for her. That poor little lamb is dirty, and there is no description for the smell is has. Faith doesn't like for me to wash it, I have to sneak it in the wash when she isn't looking. I look at this dirty, raggedy stuffed lamb and wonder what Faith sees in Baby, and then I remember, just like a Mother, we love our babies no matter what they look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment