Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A silly what??


For those of you who aren't in Faiths' inner-circle, you may not know that she has somewhat of a poopy problem. We're not exactly sure why she has issues with, um, #2...but she does. I won't go into too many details, but let's just say that she's been in a dry spell for months now.


I had this idea that if I bribed her with M-n-M's she might 'let go' more often, and maybe the offer of chocolate would solve her problem. To some extent it has worked, but she's still not a regular kid (if you're picking up what I'm putting down..)


So there are days when she really wants some M-n-M's, and she'll do her hardest to earn some. I can tell when she's not really feeling it, and she's grunting & groaning just for theatrics. She wants us to think that somewhere in that diaper is a nice little charm that she can trade for chocolate.


This particular day she says, " Mom, I pooped! I'm so happy! Where are my M'n'M's!?!?", so I go through the motions of a diaper change: I get the diaper, the wipes, the platic bag, I situate her on the floor and I start to change her diaper. All the while she's talking about her M-n-M's. Lo' and behold, when I open up the diaper it's empty. Dry as the desert. I say to her, " Faith, you did NOT go poop." and she giggles really loud and say, " Oh Mom, I have a silly butt!"

No comments: