Happy Father's Day, Travis! ( I meant to do this for you earlier..but I forgot! sorry) Thanks for being the super cool Dad that you are! Do you know how lucky our kids are to have you as a Dad? Well if you didn't, then you do now! I know how much you love them, and they love you back just as much if not more. Don't you just treasure that unconditional love they give you? Well, they do that because you earn it! For each time you tickle them, bathe them, dress them, take them for walks or just sit and play video games with them, it's an investment in your relationship with them. They look up to you, and for good reason. And working so hard to support our family is another thing you do to nurture that relationship.
I love watching you spend time with them. It makes my heart happy to see you doing something fun with the kids. Sometimes I'll just sit and watch you and the kids spend time together, and I'll think about how lucky they are. I am sure that since I didn't have much of a Dad growing up I probably tend to read more into it, but I truly think that each second you spend with the kids makes for wonderful memories they will take with them long into the rest of their lives. Yes, I know there are days when you don't want to be around them. After a long day at work you really don't always want 2 screaming kids wanting to jump all over you and wrestle. But you handle it with class, and you never make them feel like they're a burden. You are forging a relationship with our children that I could only wish I had when I was growing up. I knew from the moment I met you that you would be a good Dad. I had a feeling deep inside that you were always meant to have kids. I am just so happy that you picked me to have kids with! Thanks for being there for our kids when a lot of Dads out there aren't. You really do make a difference. You are one ultra-cool Daddy, Travis.
No comments:
Post a Comment